View Single Post
      09-13-2013, 10:51 AM   #32
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

Bump up for my take on the Stoptech SP pads. I was able to go with the bare essentials in track upgrades this year but knew I would have to wait for a BBK until next year. After dumping money into wheels, tires, and camber plates, I was looking for a budget pad that would be better than stock. I also preferred to not be changing pads as the stock calipers are a bit of a pain to work with. Heat management is obviously my primary concern and per emails with Stoptech, their Street Performance pad has a MOT up to about 1300F which is good.

I flushed with ATE super blue and put Stoptech pads on front and rear back in April and ran 3 days in the spring and 3 in the summer. I didn't push them to their limits until the last day (yesterday) but feel that I was safely at their full abilities. At Pacific Raceways there are 10 turns and turn 2 ends a long straight where our cars can see 150mph. Braking before turns 2 and 3a are the hardest braking points and besides these points, the track is not hard on brakes.

For turn 2 I was consistently somewhere between 140-150 for multiple laps (no traffic), braking down to about 60-70 for turn-in, accelerating to 100-110 then braking downhill to about 35 at 3A. Bite began to suffer some after 1-2 laps and pedal became softer after 3 laps but power was always there. I did have to brake harder due to some fade, but I never felt like there were any concerning control issues. Release is pretty gentle as these pads don't bite hard and pad wear is as expected, some loss but not major. Rotor wear has been minimal and dusting is moderate. I'm running NT05s square 275s this year and air temps for yesterdays session started at about 65F then up to 80F.

All in all these pads work very well as a budget option for my location and I would definitely recommend them for here in the Seattle area where temps aren't extreme and our tracks aren't brutal on brakes. On the street they have less initial bite than OEM but otherwise are about the same. Next year I'll be going with an ST60 front kit, SS lines all around, and likely try running the same pads.
Appreciate 1