12-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #29
mazda3ndp
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E9x M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
The tune can be uploaded via the OBD-II port. My car was tuned by AA and they only used the port to upload the tune. The problem is the companies that have the ability to tune BMWs don't wish to give us the ability to tune our own cars. I would give anything for one of the companies to step up and produce a program and programmer that would let us tune our own cars.

I agree, when I had my mazdaspeed6 I had the CP-e tuner (also have it for the 135/335)which was great for custom tunes but it was a standback so it basically tricked (manipulate) the computer... I eventually switched to the Cobb tuner because of its simplicity of 'off the shelf' tunes and it would flash the computer rather than trick it. what I really enjoyed about it was being able to switch back to the factory tune without issues. Cp-e does make a standback for the 335/135 so I think the issue is not that it cant be done, just that the tuning companies want to stay as lucrative as possible.

personally I would enjoy a cobb like tuner, where you plug it in, flash the computer, unplug it and forget about it. I would even dare to say I would pay per map in addition to the tuner.

also my car is still screaming like a raped ape. thanks again powerchips!
Appreciate 0