View Single Post
      09-26-2005, 08:58 AM   #8
Kimo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E31 E90 F25 MCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreloc
My challenge is to get the antenna routed to the MyFi and out somewhere where it can receive. Ideally it would be on the rear near the trunklid, but I think it would work on the rear parcel shelf. ..
Having now had XM in 4 separate BMWs, including my current e46, I can guarantee you that an installation of the antenna on the rear parcel shelf will be just fine -- no need to mount outside the car. Push the antenna as far back on the shelf (in the center) as you can (so it's almost touching the glass) and then use a coathanger (bend the end ito a small loop so it doesn't puncture anything) to run the cable straigt across and then down the fold where the leather meets the plastic trim on the rear seats, and then under the floor trim up to the front. Do not crimp or damage the antenna wire, as it will riun the antenna's reception -- guaranteed.
Also, now that I've had a chance to listen to my wife's Sirius in her e90, I'm impressed and would just go with Sirius if I were you -- especially now that it appears they are putting in a new "Coffee House" station that will be like XM's "Loft".
Mike