Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_e90 View Post
**Dilemma, not Dilemna**

Hello guys -

My beloved 325i has passed 182K miles, I bought her with only 8k miles about 6 years ago.

Its time to upgrade. And I am looking around at a few options. Maybe an input from you guys would help.

Here is what I can afford at the moment:

Choice 1:

2008 M3 Convertible, silverstone, manual with 38K miles. Not certified, no warranty. Overall good condition.

Choice 2:

2011 335i Convertible, silver, padel shifters, nav, sports package. Certified. 2 additional years of warranty. 2K $ lower than above M.

I understand having warranty is a massive plus. The 2011s are great looking 3, however the overall buying allure of an M car is very hard to beat.

What would you had done if you were in my place?
Nice dilemma to have mate!

I went the 325iM ->335iM ->M3 route myself. Entering the twin turbo 6 after the 325 is a massive change and will without doubt give you a smile as wide as it gets. If its Msport on top it gives you a fair chassis and the nice looks.
I'd settle for that as an interim solution and enjoy fully one step at the time, while you also get used to the increased cost..

PS. Also, 2008 is becoming an old car. Might be worth while to google around on M3 issues which certainly exists...
Appreciate 0