04-12-2008, 10:06 AM   #70
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by skierman64 View Post
4. Can we please get Comfort Access as a separate option for non ZTP cars? MY2009?
Probably not

5. Any chance MDM will be available as either a new standard feature, or a stand-alone option?
He can't put in the car without I-drive. If he makes I-drive standard then there's a big jump in price and then he's got a whole stack of people who complain they don't want I-drive in the car and they won't buy it. He has 25 or 30% of the people won't buy the car with I-drive so he won't make it standard.
great info

these two answers are quite evasive, I mean he should just say they want to pump the price. They don't want people ordering a non-i-drive car so they make CA and MDM which have nothing to do with i-drive part of the package. (M-button as well tho that could have more to do with i-drive since it may need more to control than just one button).

We already have a button for stability control, it would be nothing to have MDM as the middle setting. Also we already have a start button CA can be an option without i-drive on every other 3-series.

thanks for the candid conversation, but as is clear the real aswer is:

We want the price to be as high as possible (ie. technology package at least) so we tied premium sound, CA and MDM to that leading people to spend at a minimum $60K+ for a car with MDM or CA.

I'm sure many people end up with the technology package by default since it's the only way to get CA and MDM.

Last edited by rai; 04-12-2008 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0