View Single Post
      01-02-2010, 01:18 AM   #11
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Rakete View Post
Why do you say Fox Red doesn't wear well? The leather is the same regardless of color as I believe is the dying process, is it simply that it captures dirt, etc.? I would think that beige and silver would be even worse. Just curious because the auto show cars I've seen with Fox Red seemed to be holding up to that tough usage. I just got Fox Red and with my experience dealing with perforated Nasca on my 550i I suspect it's going to be way easier. Of course it helps that no one rides in my car except me and I don't eat in my car.

TIA
i have extended fox red on jet black...and think it really helps the otherwise dull interior, i also went for titanium trim, cause i like contrast and a bit of color in my cabins.

regarding the wear factor: i wouldnt say that it wears quicker than other leathers - ie tears or wrinkles or saggs...which it does and i am gentle, and have had leatheriques it and have had it properly detailed before.

but it does change colors easier: ie transfer of dyes or something. my driver's seat is noticeably darker than all the others, as i am alone 90% of the time.

so be prepared for that.
i had it professionally detailed and it is practically back to normal now, but just keep in mind , that good leather details will be necessary a few times a year to keep it from darkening...

if all your seats were to darken together i suppose it wouldnt look bad, but in my case, the center of the drivers seat was nearing brown, and the rest fox red.

its a great color, cool on space grey too.
it was my number one criteria after m drive.

Last edited by niqui; 01-02-2010 at 01:19 AM.. Reason: pointless post i guess, since uve decided.
Appreciate 0