View Single Post
      05-31-2007, 10:47 PM   #55
AcuraGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 E92

why should i buy a 3 series anymore?! it will cost more, be slower, and only marginally better in terms of quality and refinement. i know some of you are saying the 135 is a good move because the 3 series offers other benefits ( just like how cheaper cars are faster than the 3, but lack the refinment)...BUT, its a 1 series and its still a BMW. this means it will have almost the same quality of refinement and driving dynamics. basically, a 1 series with almost all the benefits of the 3 series, even with the same engine, at less cost!

i think its a stupid marketing move and i dont think it will happen. yes, the 1 series will come out but not with the 300HP engine. to further reinforce my belief, most bmw's that are sold are the lower engine model anyways. only a small % buy the top of the line engine model...so what makes you think entry level buyers will spring for the top of the line model?

I think even more brand whores will buy the 1 series just caus its a BMW.. i find most brand whores dont care for the top of the line model...even more reason the 135 doesn't make sense.

i say a 128 at most.
Appreciate 0