11-24-2008, 12:21 PM   #11
MJC///M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT-Bimmer View Post
You didn't specify but I assume you got a court date as opposed to an infraction ticket with an amount that you can pay??

NY is prob different.. but in CT.. plead guilty and pay the ticket = no points. Plead not guilty and you may get a reduced fine but you will get points on your license. Insurance can go up either way for moving violations....depends upon co.

Prior to becoming a cop I got a ticket for 81 in a 65. My insurance co. tried to jack up my rates a year later. Tought me a lesson and made me considerate when giving people tickets.
sounds right. When I was in PA and got a speeding ticket...the infraction was on the ticket...pleaded guilty and paid the fine which was on the ticket. NY is much stricter.....def go fight it though...usually you can get it lowered.

Good luck.
"You will get there, but it is up to you and you alone. It is what you are willing to do, and how you are willing to get there. You must be relentless, you must be tireless, you must pursue at all costs, so that you are ready, when the time is right." -Dad
Appreciate 0