02-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #16
ModBargains III
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 135i, E46 M3, 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog View Post
I have been happy with my Vorshlag camber plates. No noise.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibra1 View Post
Vorschlags are top notch..
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBobby View Post
I've got over a year on my Vorshlags with no noise or problems. Like you said, they have holes for castor adjustment, but I don't feel like the e90 needs any castor changes.
If you're buying camber plates for the Moton SS, be sure to buy from someone who understands the stack needs due to the shortness of the shocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin(OKC) View Post
Since TCK's were mentioned above, my experience with the E36 plates is that they get noisy quickly and need new bearings often.

On my Vorshlag plates, I've had them for 2.5 years with ~25k miles (15k on 135i and 10k on M3) and they are just as quiet as when I installed them the first time. The bearing is very robust and reviews have always been stellar on these plates. My only wish is that I had waited a bit longer and gotten the aluminum version which is anodized red. I just like the red look.
Quote:
Originally Posted by modernbeat View Post
Justin, you can get replacement plates if you REALLY want them. Vorshlag sells bare replacement aluminum plates for $65 per side. All the new E90-E82 plates are red anodized aluminum.

There was some other questions about the Vorshlag plates.

The same plate fits the E90 and E82 cars. But, we've only got OEM style perches for the non-M cars. All the non-M cars use a 110mm perch which we modify and fit a huge radial bearing to work with the Vorshlag plates. The 1M and M3 have a very compact top perch similar to Subarus that is very difficult to make an OEM sized top perch without adding stack height. The M cars have to move to a different spring diameter to use our plates.

Here's the plates and perch for the non-M cars.

That plate DOES have adjustable caster. There's three different caster settings adjustable by the four flathead bolts on the top. Then the camber is adjustable by the three bolts that fasten it to the strut tower. They do fit under the tower - which we feel is the only safe way to install a camber plate.
Vorshlag gets my vote as well. Used these on my E36 back in the day and they were great... Durable/long lasting and adjustments are easy to change as well.