08-13-2007, 07:22 PM   #12
aerisolphaln
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '05 G35 coupe 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
That trim is interesting on the center console. Would be nice if they did extend the trim down there like they do on other models.

However, nothing about that car makes sense. Why would BMW be testing with AC 20in wheels, the Hartage steering wheel, the odd interior trim and the SMG knob?
Why no M3 emblem on the back? Everything else is uncovered.
I agree with you on very many levels.

1. Nothing about this car DOES make sense. If testing the M-DCT, why do it on aftermarket wheels, which make a HUGE difference in the driving dynamics, speed, acceleration, and "feel" of the car.

1a. The interior doesn't make sense if this is the new M-DCT. Why would they test it with a Hartage trim kit?

2. The extension of the trim in a wide strip on the upper portion of the dash and down onto the center console looks FANTASTIC and BMW REALLY MISSED THE BOAT by not trimming out the M3 like what is shown in this image.

3. The SMG knob is cool, but I'll bet BMW would come up with something different for the new M-DCT.

So, I conclude that this is in fact some lucky owner's personal M3 and we should in no way draw conclusions from what we see in these images. My guess is that the SMG shift knob and apparatus are just taken from an M5 or M6 and that the tranny is NOT the new M-DCT.

To repeat, as much as I would love to see it already being tested, this is NOT THE NEW M-DCT.

06/2008: M3, 335+Dinan, or ...
Appreciate 0