antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazmonkee View Post
Yes, my idea sounds a bit far-fetched, but I think it's a possibility, don't you think? Maybe not within the next say.. 10 years, but beyond that, we can't exactly say where we will be exactly with technology. You have a point that the batteries may not have enough time to sync up and charge, but I think the possibility of charging while moving is not too distant.

I agree though, it does sound somewhat of a publicity stunt, but all we can do is follow and make judgment when the time actually comes.

And by "this technology is absent from the literature". What technology? My thought on dynamic inductive charging or inductive charging in general?

I agree that your idea is very possible in the future, especially in our lifetimes - and I am glad you didn't take offense to my earlier statement. My comment about tech in the literature is about inductive charging of DC voltages. I agree that some groups have done this with some success - such as MIT, however generating the energy sufficient to charge loads such as a car battery is yet to be demonstrated.
Appreciate 0