12-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #11
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapopa9 View Post
Yeah I'm going to stick with NT01's for now. I feel I got the more laps out of them then the RS3's and they are about the same price.

I checked on the R888 and the new Hankook TD's but they are a bit more $$
Yeah because NT01s remain sticky 'til they cord, I hear. I'll probably run a couple more sets of NT01s too before I try something else like TD, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
I saw some reports from miata guys that Hankook TD is about a second faster around Buttonwillow vs NT01 and 4 seconds faster than RS3. I am talking about 1:53 vs 1:54 vs 1:57 times. Not too many people run them though.
Yeah, I'd expect nothing less. However, tire sizes might be an issue. TD, so far, does not come in 275/35/18; but, rather, 265/35/18, 285/30/18 & 295/30/18.

Anyhow, I know there are several seconds to shave off just by attacking certain sections with better lines. From this point on, (as I don't plan on any engine/exhaust tunes or mods nor aero) it's all up to me to get to that 2:00 mark - better lines, better driving, better strategy, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD View Post
Nice work! Nt01 is supposed to be a pretty sticky tire! Ill have to try them
You must. Be sure to pair'em up with capable suspension for maximum performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
You California guys are so lucky, you get to tack all year round .

The white stuff is all over the place up here and it is a four month wait until the next track day .

As usual, nice driving OC .
We indeed are lucky. I'd go stir-crazy if I had to hibernate for four months... I'll be sure to post track videos regularly for y'alls consumption as a substitute. Thanks CanAutM3.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0