94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

while this statement is generally true:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
When you put a 2800 MR pound car against a 3500 pound car RR car, a tight track can throw the power advantage out the window.

...so is this statement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
Cool video, but come on....NSX beat the 997TT? Give me a break....

I smell bias.

...there is no such thing as a Best Motoring video that isn't terribly biased. i'm not saying that the professional drivers that appear on the show regularly aren't some of the best at what they do, but a tremendous amount of bias plays into each and every race on that show.

and while a tight track can throw even a significant power advantage out the window, this race took place at Tsukuba circuit, which may be a short circuit, but it is by no means a tight circuit - at least not in the sense that it would allow an NSX to edge out a 997TT were it a heads-up race between the two. the 997TT fell behind either because he wasn't pushing as hard as everyone else, or he wasn't as good a driver. i mean why would the 997 GT3 pull the 997 Turbo on the straight if all other things were equal? it wouldn't. as much as some aspects of the race can be explained away by physics, it really comes down to bias.

heck, alot of times the impossible seems possible on Best Motoring simply b/c of their positions on the starting grid and the lack of decent passing opportunities on a circuit as small as Tsukuba. that right there is proof of some of the bias you'll encounter while watching that show - the fact that they cram 6 cars onto such a small circuit and only race for 3 to 5 laps lends severe bias to the outcome of the race.

all that being said, i still like to watch Best Motoring videos - they are some of the most entertaining automotive shows on the air (or the internet).