View Single Post
      06-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #153
Andrew_K_AZ
Secret Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 (AW/BLK)

I don't think there is anything wrong with this season being so competitive. Formula 1 has traditionally been a sport of have's and have-not's with only the top two or three teams spending upwards of $500M a year being the only ones with a chance to win or have a shot at the podium. New rules, tires and DRS have a gone a long way towards giving some of the less-rich teams a legitimate shot at wins and the podium if their able to outperform in terms of tweaking their car within the rules, mastering the pit stop strategy and driving flawlessly. How can you not love that?

I still think there is room for improvement. The so called most advanced race cars in the world should be able to run more than 13 laps on a set of super-soft tires, they should do something about the teams that are 3 or 4 seconds per lap slower than the leaders and question the design of the new courses popping up everywhere because the old courses like Montreal, Spa, Monza, Silverstone etc. still produce far more interesting and competitive races.

Just my opinion.
2008 E92 M3, Alpine White & Black Extended Leather, 6MT with all options. Slightly Moded: BMW M Performance Exhaust, Rear LCI Taillight Retrofit, Angel iBrights, MGP Aluminum Caliper Covers, H&R Springs, H&R Spacers (15mm F and 12.5mm R) with +1 tires, Aluminum Pedals, Black Gloss Front and Hood Grills, Alpine White Side Grills and front reflectors, Active Autowerke Green Performance Filter.
Appreciate 0