Drives: MSport F30

Garage List
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [0.00]
2005(sold but not f ...  [10.00]
2006 X3  [0.00]
1984 633csi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobuffs View Post
And before somebody says courtesy delivery- don't as it isn't that common of a thing. Why would your local dealer be willing to do such a thing? You could have bought from them, but went with somebody else to buy b/c they gave you a few hundred dollars off? Why should the dealer deliver your car and let another dealer get the profit?
Courtesy deliveries happen more often than you think. I set them up quite a bit. M3 to FL, 650i Convertible to Beverly Hills were the most recent ones. It's $500. A lot of Euro deliveries are set up this way. Sometimes people move out of state and want to maintain a relationship with someone they trust to handle the purchase of a BMW in a professional manner. My dealership always accepts courtesy delivery requests from other dealers. It's not about losing a sale to a dealer out of state. When you receive a request for one, the deal is done. So not helping the other dealer for whatever reason is not good business. A declining dealer knows they've lost a service/parts customer. More importantly, it's about helping someone else in your profession, hence the term courtesy delivery.