View Single Post
      03-04-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Powerchip Stage II Software Update

Just got back from checking progress on my car.

Impressed with the gains so far. Lots of pulls being done and the numbers are slowly but steadily improving. The numbers are SAE of course

I made sure to have the new DCT update before they started to work on it. A few parameters changed so this latest tune will be the most accurate and up to date for DCT guys as well as providing a boost for those with a manual.

I requested a raised rev limiter to at least 8500 due to the issue hitting the limiter when using launch control on the first to second shift. I believe this hurts the potential of the DCT in conjunction with launch control. The car seems to be limiting to 8300 RPM however. They are working on adjusting it as parameters changed with the update and in regard to the ECU controls vs. how they approached it vs. an E60 M5 for example.

With this latest tune, I believe this will be the most powerful tune available for E92 M3's especially for those on 91 octane. I'm sure you guys know by now I am pretty adamant about performance goals with the car and will accept nothing less than the maximum, safe performance possible on pump gas.

I would like to post numbers at this stage in the process so far but there are a number of people who are hungry for any shred to criticize, so I won't do it. I will wait until the tuning is completed and there are a few other things being done to the car over the next few weeks. I am confident this tune with the supporting mods will be the most powerful aftermarket combination available for us and from what I have seen so far, the numbers are going to be impress when the tuning is completed.

Anyway, just wanted to update.
Appreciate 0