SHADY1
Hamann M3 Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F10 M5

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
2008 E92 M3 Coupe  [8.14]
Unhappy I am on my 4th rear diff bolt help!

My M3 has not suffered a broken drive axle bolt yet but this rear diff bolt is getting on my nerve before my M3 was supercharged I had 2 broken rear diff bolts and one bad drive shaft axle bearing. Just 3 weeks ago after I had my super charger installed the rear diff bolt broke on the driver side for the 3rd time. I had the Stealership replace it. I asked my service rep why it keeps breaking he said its the Torque from the Supercharger really the bolt already broke 2 times prior since then. 2 days ago this past Sunday while I was in Las Vegas for MFest 7. I went to go put some gas in my car and notice the thump and rattle in the drive shaft on down shift once again the rear diff bolt has broken for the 4th time. This crap is getting old real quick. I thought I was going to be stuck in Las Vegas for a few days and not be able to drive back home to Texas. Lucky for me I had a friend with me that was a BMW mechanic and has his own shop. We drove all over Las Vegas checking car part stores all the way to Home Depo looking for a bolt like the diff. We found one like it at True Value to use for a temp. fix just to make it back home to Texas. When he replaced the broken bolt he notice my diff bushing were worn and cracked stupid Stealership should have notice this 3 weeks ago when they replace the last diff bolt. Which bushing should I use and replace on my M3? I do not track my M3 do they make stronger diff bolts than the factory aluminum one. The temp bolt on the car now is made of steel. I need some advise what I should do now to fix my diff bolt problem. My friend recommended I change out the bushing with stronger ones.

My friend also recommended I do this

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...kit-p2217.aspx

and this as well

http://powerflexusa.com/e9xm3.aspx

JZB,6MT, My mods 360 Forged 20inch wheels,VF650 Supercharger custom tuned,ARH Long Tube Headers,Hamann CF roof spoiler,H&R springs,CF grills,Hamann rear trunk spoiler,Hamann Side Skirts, ARKYM full CF bumper, Gintani Race exhaust, ARH X-pipe catless,RPI scoops,AA SSK, Arkym CF Double Sided Vented Hood,

Last edited by SHADY1; 05-29-2013 at 10:48 PM..
Appreciate 0