View Single Post
      11-29-2010, 11:13 PM   #14
sor
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2023 iX M60 Oxide

Garage List
2023 BMW iX M60  [0.00]
I just got my M3, a buddy just got a Roush GT. Not sure exactly what the Roush package includes, but I will say that brand new the fit and finish seemed kind of bad. For example, a small chip out of the aluminum on the steering wheel that isn't visible to the driver but is to the passenger, small scratches on the LCD radio display. Granted that could have been the dealer. It drives nicely, it's tight, good pull, torque range is about as wide as the M3 (just shifted down about 1k rpm), overall it's a great value. He is worried that it's too loud and that he will get tired of it, which is actually one thing I like about my M3, it is quiet when I want it to be, loud when I want it to be, and all the settings to take it from daily driver to sportscar. He was looking at the M3, but ultimately he didn't want to spend that much. Personally, I just can't see myself in a Mustang (or a Camaro), can't really put my finger on why. Even if I couldn't afford the M3 it wouldn't be an option.

As for the video, it would be nice to see a few more magazines do comparisons. My own, baseless opinion is that the guy took quite a bit of time to warm up to the M3, he alludes to accidentally falling out of the power band at least once. Not that I find it hard to believe that the Mustang did well, I'd just like to see more than one guy driving them side by side before drawing any conclusions.
Appreciate 0