swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Big picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
My point is, your figures with e46 M3 to 60 @4.5 and you Cartest results of 4.84 is a diifference of 0.34, and that's acceptable. Should'nt the 4.7 and 4.2 difference of 0.5 on the ISF results be acceptable as well? In other words, there is a margin of error. I don't think it's necessarily an exact science. In terms of the RS4, remember it is close to 200lbs heavier.
No one single data point really makes or breaks the simulation vs. test comparison. It is the over/under predictions of the entire set as well as the size of those overs/unders. You seem obsessed with the 0-60 time. That is not the point. Finally, for the vast majority of the time, CarTest is not out by .5 seconds 0-60.

P.S. I think it is time you bought the sotware and had some fun. I guarantee you will learn a lot and enjoy it! However, as you can see on my posts here about the M-DCT times it can sometimes be very trick/subtle to get a good prediction. Some engineering background is a very good idea but certainly not required. Cheers.
Appreciate 0