View Single Post
      04-07-2008, 12:46 PM   #18
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

IMO likely BMW wants to sell the premium sound.. so they do not even offer the logic 7 what is the point of saying the logic 7 v Premium if they do not offer the L7?

BMW lowers the base stereo enough so it's not as good as L7 and so likely there is a bit of difference between base 10 speaker and premium 16 speaker.

I have heard the premium and it sounds fantastic, I can not say if it's worth $1900 but it's easier to get a stereo system fully warranty etc. than to chop the hell out of a new car in the hopes of doing better than the factory premium system and likely spend just as much or more on an aftermarket job.

BMW makes the premium sound only an option after you get the navi so in other words the premium (in general) will cost $1900 plus $3200 (technology). So BMW (US) is making the option list so it's more and more that people are spending closer to 70K than 60K.

BMW does things like having CA and MDM and M-button only part of the technology package.

I would likley live without the active shocks but the way BMW is making technology package almost essential also leads me to the premium sound, I mean now it's a $65K car so that's another $1900 like the cherry on top of a cake, it's not essential but you are spending big bucks might as well spend another $1900.
Appreciate 0