View Single Post
      02-03-2012, 05:58 PM   #15
modernbeat
Motorsports Engineer
Rep
Drives: Caged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin(OKC) View Post
On my Vorshlag plates...My only wish is that I had waited a bit longer and gotten the aluminum version which is anodized red. I just like the red look.
Justin, you can get replacement plates if you REALLY want them. Vorshlag sells bare replacement aluminum plates for $65 per side. All the new E90-E82 plates are red anodized aluminum.

There was some other questions about the Vorshlag plates.

The same plate fits the E90 and E82 cars. But, we've only got OEM style perches for the non-M cars. All the non-M cars use a 110mm perch which we modify and fit a huge radial bearing to work with the Vorshlag plates. The 1M and M3 have a very compact top perch similar to Subarus that is very difficult to make an OEM sized top perch without adding stack height. The M cars have to move to a different spring diameter to use our plates.

Here's the plates and perch for the non-M cars.

That plate DOES have adjustable caster. There's three different caster settings adjustable by the four flathead bolts on the top. Then the camber is adjustable by the three bolts that fasten it to the strut tower. They do fit under the tower - which we feel is the only safe way to install a camber plate.