View Single Post
      11-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #16
H Bomb
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Don't forget though soon as you slap that SC on you lose all your warranty and just the motor alone is 30k to replace. at least with the Dinan setup you are still getting 4 year/50k mile warranty

i have yet to see any high miles put on a SC setup, there either sold within a year or garage queens. so it is hard to tell if there reliable like the Dinan setups

Dinan doesn't make the most power but they make a great reliable car. i have had 3 Dinan cars and put 65k on one, 80k on the other and now 20k so far on this one and never had any problems

no doubt though the SC is the best bang for the buck, but me personally wouldn't want to give up the NA engine. that was the whole reason i got the car. if i was to go SC route i would of just bought a different car

and for those that say Steve is arrogant i don't agree. any time i have talked with him he was as humble as can be and i met him once at the Dinan dealer i used and he took time to talk to everyone that was there and was a real nice guy. not sure what he did to those that say he is arrogant but if knowing your stuff about the cars is that then so be it

the Dinan cars are not for everyone but they are great for the niche market that they supply for. to each his own really

but i am with most that i wouldn't spend the 150k on the GTS at that point i would be in a GT3 or RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge View Post
+1

It was even slower from a dig

If the car can't handle all that power, then what's the point? For half the price, any M3 with a basic supercharger set up will blow off the doors of the overpriced Dinan M3. And no, even though the Dinan M3 was faster from a roll (duh, stock is almost 100hp down) the difference was not huge.
Appreciate 0