05-30-2008, 06:34 AM   #82
e46e92love
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3; X3 (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
It sucks for all the 335i guys (some of whom think they drive the best car on the planet) to be reminded of the prowess of the M3 and to play such a distant second. I wonder how a modded 335i would have done in the same comparo . That being said the overall rankings results are nearly unbelievable.
Perfectly said.......when I first bought my e92 335i I loved it, but loved it knowing I put too many miles on a car to buy a used e46 M3 and couldn't afford two cars. I also knew the e92 M3 would probably be the way to go as I knew my life was changing. It has changed, both how many miles and financially, and I'm glad I waited.

But what amazed me is how many 335i owners just had no idea that there car, albeit fast as hell, was no M, it was still a regular 3. Don't get me wrong, love my car and some parts I will miss, but when my beast arrives, I won't have any problems handing the keys over the the 335. I take pride in my ability to objective about the things I use and own and I love my 335i, but damn some owners need to get a grip. //M is not something you can understand by reading, its something you just can't understand till you drive it. Never loved the //Ms until I got in one 10 years ago, and ever since there ain't an //M I have been in that I don't love and is the reason I came to love ALL BMW's.

Sorry for the longwinded post

"...it's not about the money and not about the brand of the car, it's about handling,performance and passion......And that, no other car has all together like an M3........when you talk about the most complete car the M is invincible." --Tony Kanaan.

Last edited by e46e92love; 05-30-2008 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0