Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ur84wr View Post
Hi all,

i just paid a deposit on a 2010 Alpine White E92 with a real gearbox.

Iam now on the hunt for an insurer and despite my 100% blemish free driving record nobody decent will insure me. (Iam 25)

AAMI at this stage are the only ones who'll insure me and as we know if something were to happen they'd be race taping taiwanese ebay parts together to get it back on the road.

I read that there are several younger members on here so who are you guys using to insure your E92s?

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneTh View Post
I am 42 but I also with AAMI. Had claims in the past, not the M3 but other cars and house but no issues at all. They have been good to me. I did insure for agreed value on the M3.
An insurance broker can help you out.

AAMI will try and send you to a local body shop for repairs. You should stay firm and tell them that if something goes wrong with the car in relation to the particular repair that they will be liable for it. You must insist on taking to your preferred BMW repair shop. A guy in Perth who was insured with AAMI was asked to go to a non-BMW approved body shop. He wrote a letter outlining the above, and AAMI quickly asked him to take it to where ever he desired, and they would take care of it. All insurance companies try this. You have the right and the option to take it to your preferred repairer. You pay the premium so you have the right to choose.