02-06-2012, 11:24 PM   #16
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated ///M View Post
Hmm, honestly I don't feel that the M3 pulls as hard as the C63 does but my impressions are from a very short test drive. He also doesn't seem to own an M3. He seems to drive a C63 AMG Coupe, hence the comparo? I think we'll just leave it at 'To each their own'. Have you test driven the C63 KK? 444 ft lbs of torque pulls like a freight train. The more you explain how the M3 has the same punch, the more I think you haven't sat behind the wheel of a C63. I agree with you though, I feel the DCT does a good job of helping make immediate passes.
I never said that the m3 has the same punch as a c63. I am merely stating that there is no problem passing cars without downshifting. The torque is more than sufficient in that regard. The way the op is expressing his observations makes it seem as though the m3 has no pull at lower rpms which is simply not the case. If your driving 65 in seventh gear there is plenty of juice to get you going without having to downshift. Now if your driving a manual m3 thats a different story but there shouldn't be any issue with a dct coupe or sedan.
Appreciate 0