View Single Post
      01-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #49
Munit
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3an View Post
For one this topic has come up many times before and everyone thinks it's the end all be all.

THIS PAINT IS NOT DIFF THAN REG PAINT WITH A MATTE CLEAR

This has been reiterated many times before. I have numerous dealings w/ it from the collision industry. The base coat is the same and the clear coat has a flattening agent in it to make it "matte". That said, it's not diff to care for than a ref car. Yes you prob shouldn't polish the car religiously, but I don't even polish my car now and it looks fine. Bird shit and other issues are the same across the board. Bird shit will etch paint immediately and has to be removed to prevent damage on any finish. I don't see any issues using waxes and touch up shouldn't be an issue either. If your shop/dealer is telling you otherwise, run the other way
Exactly. I said the same thing then people who thing Frozen paint is some magic jumped all over me. Not worth arguing because my friend owns one and he cares for it no differently than me with a yearly light polish and frequent sealant applications.

Its the same glossy paint with a matte agent added and a matte clear coat overtop. Principle is the same. You polish off microscopic layers of clearcoat when you polish. Whether its matte or shiny has no difference
Appreciate 0