Rep
Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy View Post
$54k-57k.

Mark my words now and slap me later. US MSRP will not be over $60k. Not trying to be prophetic, but I firmly believe that.
Your words have been marked in my book. Make good on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpa View Post
$54-57k. I just can't see BMW raising the price in a huge way over the outgoing model (I think $10k is considered a "huge" jump in price). Plus I have a feeling that a lot of the equipment that's standard on the EU version(s) is going to be optional on the US version for 2 reasons:
a) it allows BMW to lower the base price and thus attract more possible customers.
b) given how much the car costs in countries such as the UK (over $100k US if I'm not mistaken) I think it'd be hard for them to justify the price without a lot of nice standard equipment.
I think its the opposite, we wont get the standard stuff on the EU edition. This allows lower pricing here and forces us to buy those options which will raise prices. If pricing was 56K for a M3 with leather seats, metallic paint, and Navi. BMW would lose so much money...these options is what helps them bring in revenue. Just compare a base RS4 to any base BMW. The difference in options is enormous.
Appreciate 0