08-20-2009, 11:32 AM   #16
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzupfoo View Post
Hmm really? I was planning on using up the last bit of PS2's on the track/HPDE later this year. Granted im a beginner but maybe this isnt a good idea?

Also I own the Invo's on my aftermarket wheels and yes they are quiet, and very comfortable, actually it was wierd when I first put them on b/c of the lack of tire roar. But yes when I get on it, esp. when accelerating hard between 1st and 2nd the traction control lights up much more than the PS2's.

Ive been thinking of switching tires but been too lazy and the ride is great for cruising around.

On that note anyone need relatively new Invos??
No this doesn't mean you shouldn't use them on the track if you're going to throw them away after anyway (obviously use your discretion of they're basically gone - aka no more tread) - but as a beginner, just take things slow on the track and you should be fine.

After my 7 years of racing, I can easily say, baby steps when it comes to racing is the best advice I can give. I'm sure my good racing friend - Charles @ VMR - can also contest to this, but I can't tell you how many times I've seen beginners go out there and push way to hard, and either

A. Spin off the course and never return to racing
B. Push too hard through a corner and go off track and hit a wall, damage their car in some way, and
C. Guys who push their car and try to prove themselves by passing someone where they shouldn't, and cause a crash.

As I mentioned, take it easy the first few times you go on the track, get a feel for it. If you don't have any professional experience with a race SCHOOL, you might want to look into it. Skip Barber has done wonders for me and everyone I've referred them to, have had great experiences with it to.

As long as you're cool and easy the first few times (especially with those tires with a car that makes 400+ HP) I wouldn't worry about it. And better yet, if you want, choose a date that Charles and I are going to the track, and we can help out a bit
Appreciate 0