View Single Post
      08-19-2015, 09:04 PM   #3
Fernanimal
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i 6MT - SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu5892001 View Post
1. Sounds sketchy, maybe get it inspected professionally at a mechanic.
2. Normal
3. This is a common issue with the 6MT, although lots of people live with it, I had my tranny replaced under warranty due to this and problem was gone.
4. Normal
5. I am not sure, but my car didn't have much road noise and I was on 265/285 PSS.
6. I think this is normal, in normal throttle mode, the gas pedal is very laggy, next time try MDM with sport plus throttle.
7. No idea...
8. Good!

Another thing is BMW updated the flywheel on 09 and later models, so if your clutch goes on a 08. You need to replace the flywheel with the later updated design.

I think you could get a better deal. FYI I sold my 2010 E90 JB, fully loaded with every options, opti-coated, 0 swirl, previously CPO car for 39k. But it had a bit over 90k kms. I don't think you should rush into purchasing one as these will be on the market more and more as they get old.

Also I would get a full service history, and try to get inspected at BMW. Try to see if they can provide you with a report of any money shifts, this is especially important if buying a preowned manual car.

Ultimately you should look for a 2011 E90, it is the last year and only year that offered blue tooth music audio.
Thanks for the insight shu5892001. I went to look at the car again today and the whole car was definitely painted. There was overspray almost on every rubber seal, including the gas cap. The paint finish was actually pretty good, bggles my mind that the shop who did the work would cut corners like that. Found out that the hail storm damage also resulted in the hood being replaced, which makes sense why there was black under the white paint that was rubbing off.

The car may be in decent shape mechanically, but I just cant take the risk of buying this and then going through low ball offer hell if and when I do decide to sell because of the paint job.

I'm going to keep looking....if you know of any 2009+ E90 M3's for sale let me know!!

thanks again
Appreciate 0