View Single Post
      09-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #50
latebloomer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2012 C63 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorman13 View Post
It is in comparison to the M3. The 335i just happens to perform better than expected. The new S4 will only be 3 tenths slower to 60 on paper than the M3, not to mention the quattro AWD system is phenomenal, especially here in the Northeast.

Audi is positioning this car perfectly, as a Sedan alternative to the S5, just like the E90 M3 to the E92. IMO, you fanboys who think that the S4 will be no match for the M3 need to open your eyes.
I love the s4, but it really can not compare performance wise to the m3 or is-f or the c63 amg. As you said this is the alternative to the s5, and the s5 traps at ~105mph in the 1/4mile. The power figures from the s4 (333hp,325t) and s5 (354hp,325t) are very close, but the new s4 has the advantage of getting 25mpg. The m3, c63, is-f traps at ~114. Thats a BIG difference.

Also, the price with the upgraded DSG, which is something I am really looking forward to, will price this s4 close to the starting price of around 50-55k. The same as the starting msrp of M3, c63, is-f. I would love to get this car, but I don't want to be paying m3 prices while getting a stock to slightly modded 335i's performance.

I hope I am wrong and this car can trap around 108 and I will be happy paying more for the DSG, interior, and styling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
Very nice car, but the corporate/marketing execution is out of touch with reality.

If the S4 sedan will start @ $49k then it's doomed before it even starts selling.

S4 seems more of a direct competitor to the 335i than M3...

The supposed RS4 is priced even above the M3...

WTF is Audi thinking???
I agree with you. Audi stop overpricing your vehicles or make them perform to similar competitor's vehicles
Appreciate 0