markjord
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 2007 Jerez Black

Life with the Eisenmann Race

Had mine a month now and thought I’d provide a little feedback:

Delivery:
Took 6 weeks from order. CA Automotive gave me some discount. It arrived well packaged in perfect condition. The quality of the unit looked to be excellent.

Fitting
This seemed to be quick and easy (used their connecting pipes) as the local tyre shop charged me just £50. Although both earth cables broke and had to be replaced. Also the main hanger on the old unit was broken.

Aesthetics
Here the Eisenmann scores very highly. The 15 degree tailpipes at 83mm look absolutely superb. There’s no way I’d consider going back to oem on looks alone.
Although the muffler consists of a single unit with the main chambers joined in the middle it does not hang down like an oversized scrotum like the oem. The diff is visible from behind which is a much nicer view. I waited a while to check out the BMW Performance before committing to the Eisenmann but was disappointed with the BMW unit. It’s sad that so many people paint them black in order that they can’t be seen; I wouldn’t want to spend all that money on something that looks horrible.

Sound
CA advised me to go with the Sport but I wanted something dramatic for this money. On first start-up I was surprised that it wasn’t louder (not found any to listen to in the UK so went on advice of you guys). Having lived with it for a few weeks though I’d say it’s plenty loud enough. It makes a deep rumble on tickover and then the sound transforms to a more exotic roar from about 3000rpm. A very satisfying combination.
If you drive at 50mph in 6th you will arrive in Dronesville, Arizona with a bit of a headache but this is easily avoided by changing down. The drone only exists at 2000 rpm (as with the oem - only louder). I use the car daily and it’s not a problem. Also, my health will improve with all the fresh air that I get. The only time you close the window is when it’s raining.

Overall
Well I can’t find any other aftermarket systems in the UK so can’t compare the sound. I’m very happy with it though; well worth the money in my view. And I haven’t seen a better looking set of tail pipes in any other posts. Recommend.
Appreciate 0