11-26-2013, 03:34 PM   #816
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Went to Laguna Seca with PCA-GGR. Nice people. Nice event. INCREDIBLE weather! Sound limit was 90 db.....I kept getting black flagged for sound--they said my supercharged M3, with full stock exhaust except track pipes was 94 db.....so I had to do my best to stay within the sound limits. I put my old stock x-pipe-with-track-pipe on just for Laguna......I'm frustrated because during my trip to Laguna in July, I requested a sound check. On that trip, I had an Akra X-pipe with a stock exhaust, and I only tested at 92.9db......so the track is telling me that at wide open throttle, the stock x-pipe with track pipe is louder than the Akra x-pipe........whatever.....

E90 M3
Track/course: Laguna Seca
Best Lap Time: 1:39.04
Brakes: AP Racing - Cobalt Friction XR2 front/XR3 rear
Tires: Hoosier R6 - 295/30/18 square on Volk G2 10"
Suspension: JRZ RS Pro
Other mods: VF620, Track pipes with stock exhaust, (no aero parts, full interior)

This was my first time on Hoosiers R6. Nice tires! They hook up the blower's power very nicely. I still need more time to get used to them. Anyway, I was stuck in traffic most of the time. But they had a time trial, so I got two open track laps. With minimal work 1:38 will be easy with R6. The data shows I was on an easy mid-1:38 pace on the second time trial lap through the Corkscrew, and then gave it all away in Turn 9. My line through Turn 9 has been all wrong. My goal is 1:37 now at that track with R6. (Ran 1:39.2 on Hankook TD)

Anyway, I took second place in the time trial. First place went to forum member Ti-Jean, who had his GT3 out there! He ran 1:38.6 I believe, and this was his first visit to the track. With the sound limit, no truly fast track-dedicated Porsches could even show up. And the 997-GT3's simply blew sound constantly. Geez, the event organizer's 997-GT3 was constantly blowing the sound limit and he had angled pipes. He was tippy-toeing up that hill to make the limit.....Is it true that most track days will be 90 db next year? What a shame for such an amazing place......
T9 is where you can pickup a lot of time, but gotta be careful. That's where Wayne Rainey died, hence T9 being called "Rainey Curve." A lot of people go off-throttle and just roll down through there.

TiJean 1:38 on first visit? Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight flexin View Post
Didn't get ogs speed but My speedo said 180 something lol
Jezuz... when I ran 1:53 in February (TD tires on their 2nd day, no aero), the speedo showed ~155 at T1 on a very windy day. Probably could reach 160 on a calm cool day.
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34

Last edited by OC3; 11-26-2013 at 04:39 PM..
Appreciate 0