10-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #20
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
The BMW announcement leaves no room for the interpretation given by your local dealer. The BMW annoucement says:
BMW Long-life rating LL-01 Synthetic Oils for BMW M vehicles equipped with S54, S62, S65 or S85 engines
This DOES include the S65 (NA engine), and does NOT include the S63 or S55 engines (FI ///M engines used in turbo M5/M6 and upcoming M3/M4). Furthermore, the BMW announcement clearly says for cars in production at the present time (August 2013). That latter clause would exclude the turbo S55 engine in the upcoming M3/M4.

See above. LL01 specifically allowed for S65/S85 engine. S63 and S55 engines (new FI turbo ///M engines) are not mentioned at all, where other specific engines (S65, S85) are directly mentioned. Very clear to me this announcement does not intend to target S63/S55 because those engines are never mentioned; but does intend to target S65/S85 as those engines are specifically mentioned for LL01.

I track bearing wear causes and photos in this thread.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=892838

I include all engines whether modified or not. But the article which discusses cause and effect concentrates on stock (unmodified) engines, and unmodified cars.
What can i say more ?
Look what they say in Australia (aussiem3 see above) and in the UK,and here in Belgium.......?!?!
And what i personal think about the bearing problems is that we need to follow strictly the warm up procedure with our S65 engine and that with any kind of oil !
I have seen people on this forum with 120,000 miles on it and more and that with the Castrol TWS 10W60 !
We are talking a lot about this problem and guess ,but the real solution....is there one ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0