View Single Post
      01-04-2007, 06:04 PM   #38
NavNurs
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 / S2000 beater

Nice driving!!

Ok, so I started playing a little game while watching a few mins of that video. It was called, "Whose he gonna catch next?" I loved the moment I heard myself say Holy Schmidt it's another elise driver, and he/she should go change their pants!

Anyway, nice job on the vid and discussion. This is my first post while awaiting the new car. It’s to be the dream car I promised myself as a child. Thankfully I survived a little 7-month trip to the desert and had the option for factory direct pricing. Hopefully it will turn out to be more fun to drive than my current S2000.

OT, I am also trying to decide upon the tranny. MT seems like it would be more fun, while the SMG is the coming wave. My fear is it wouldn't be as engaging though would probably help hold the value in the end.

My final questions to the group: for those who have driven previous versions of the SMG, is it possible to drive the car smoothly? A test drive is one thing, but once you have become familiar with the car, do passengers still snap their necks? Also, and this is asking for a simple guess, have BMW engineers listened to previous complaints about removing the driver from the driving experience? It seems each successive M3 has its drivers enjoying the new power while longing for it to be mixed with the driving experience of the E30. I don’t want to regret trading my $55K for a sterile though quicker car. Thanks!
Appreciate 0