NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCArce01 View Post
I don't think anyone said they wouldn't want an M3... but rather at that age it would make WAY more sense to trade it for a 335i coupe or even a 328i. Virtually any new BMW is still very quick for an inexperience 16 year old and they'd probably still think that was plenty fast and honestly might not even be able to tell much of a difference in power. That way you can have plenty of fun and save the rest of the money for college or whatever. Because when you start off already up in M3 range its hard get any satisfaction unless your next car is even faster still.

My opinion is start off in the slower range and work your way up in order to get both the experience and appreciation for power/fun. It's just not very sensible in any aspect. You get much more satisfaction and respect for something that you slowly build up to, but anyways, i'll get off my soapbox now.
A little late on the advice but, well said nonetheless.

I don't know, maybe I am just getting cranky in my dottage (37, here). That being said, <putsonrainbootsandwhitietighties> "You kids get OFF my damn lawn!" </putsonrainbootsandwhitietighties>
Appreciate 0