BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinzftw View Post
My daily intake of calories is around 1600-2000 calories. Add a mile jog to that and i'm headed for the finish line! I am currently 5'11 240 rougly. My best mile is a 8:26. Boosted is there anything else I should do to maximize my workout and weight loss? Im currently training for a half-marathon in july and NEED to cut atleast 40 pounds.
I don't know what your activity level or metabolism is like, but off the top of my head I would say that you probably aren't eating enough if you are really taking in between 1600-2k cals per day. For reference, at 170lbs I was able to cut on a 2100 cal diet. I would recommend for you to calculate your BMR, subtract 500 cals from that, and use that as a starting point for your diet. Here is a good formula to use to get you a starting point...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=107459791

What is your current workout plan? Do you lift or just do cardio? What you do in the gym is important, but to reach your goals your diet is going to make or break you. 40lbs in 4 months is a lot of weight to lose, but I really don't have much experience with dropping weight at higher BF percentages so I can't really comment there. I always advise to aim for 1-2lbs/week MAX to maintain as much lean mass as possible while eating at a deficit, but I guess the rules change a little as you go up the scale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
BoostedBMW definitely knows his stuff.

As of this Saturday I'm down to 152 lbs with 12ish percent body fat. I want to get down to 9 percent body fat by summer, pretty reachable goal. (Not too shabby considering that I only started lifting weight on 1-12-09, prior to that it was just cardio). I was 210 lbs at 30% body fat in Sept of 2008 before I started my journey.

I'm also not taking any supplement pills or anything of that nature. I don' see it as a diet, I see it as a change of lifestyle. Diet is only temporary.

I calculated my BMR and found out how many cals I should take in daily and go from there. I don't starve myself, but I don't eat nonsense stuff on a regular basis.

I go to the gym at least 5 times a week, albeit I aim for 7 days a week. 2 hours per session. The 2 hour session includes a 3.5 mile run for the first 30 mins to warm things up. An hour lifting and working the abs. The last 30 mins is used to do intervals on the treadmill or cycling or on the elliptical machine. I'm not trying to be buff or anything, just defined.

BTW Mike, I PM'd you a couple of days ago.
You've made great progress bro. I just PM'd you back... sorry about that, I forgot to reply after your PM got lost in the shuffle of BS PM's that I get everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsg0 View Post
What?! Are you serious? How does that work..?

Forgive me, I really dont know much about working out (cuz I don't)..For reference, I'm 5'4" 95lbs lol
Yeah, hydrostatic BF testing is probably the most accurate, but for most people simply using a caliper to determine the delta during your body recomp is really what you're after. For example going from 13 to 10% BF and seeing the change of 3% is more important than if you really started at 14% and went down to 11%... at the end of the day its just a # to use for reference. Give or take 1% bf doesn't really matter, the change is what's important, which is why a $15 BF caliper is a good investment IMO.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0