View Single Post
      11-08-2009, 12:44 PM   #745
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
...However, I still do not get why this criteria would matter all that much on the street. I don't really care if a Corolla changes direction all that much faster than a Camry (or my Expedition) as I go about doing my daily driving, but maybe that's just me. Actually, that is one of the reasons I am considering selling my E92 now that I own a track car and don't plan to drive the E92 on the track all that much. I don't really know what to do with it during my daily commute. It sure is a nice car to have and appreciate, but I might put the money to better use in rebuilding my E30 and paying for the house I just bought.
Sorry for my somewhat murky note.

What I was trying to convey in regard to the term "tossable" on the street bears no relation to actually tossing a car at the track.

I was really referring to the how willing the car is to turn in and negotiate a corner at not more than eight tenths. Take a Cayman out on your favorite set of twisties, and compare it to your M3. Because of weight and polar moments, the Cayman will feel more willing to telepathically negotiate the twisty bits, although if you were flat out (as on a track), it wouldn't be any quicker, and in fact would be trickier as you explored the "How are you going to know where the edge is, if you don't step over it from time to time?" regions.

Perhaps "tossable" is a poor word to describe a characteristic when rolling at eight-tenths on the street. "Willing" or perhaps "eager" might be better terms.

Bruce

PS - So you've become a true track rat? Way to go.

Of course, it's clearly an affliction.
Appreciate 0