12-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #44
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce.augenstein@comcast. View Post
For me, the 8:12 shows that the 1M is pretty much on par with the current M3 on track, which is pretty damned impressive when you consider the power differential.

I am mentally giving the M3 an 8:10 around the 'Ring, since Walter Rohrl says that PSC+ sneakers are worth five seconds in that venue.

Amazing. I'm thinking the chassis may just be sublime, and for the first time in a long while, I'm excited about a new M offering.

Looking at the specs, it seems as if the baby M may come in at quite a bit less than 3400 pounds, which is heartwarming. Converting Euro weight specs to SAE (full tank, nobody aboard and no luggage) gives you just a hair over 3300 pounds. Then adding U.S. safety stuff will add a few pounds.

Say, 3350 or so? I find it hard to believe, but maybe?

Cool.

I also think the quarter mile time may be down at 13 flat or so, possibly tickling the high twelves, at just below 110 mph.
Taking the tires into consideration does indeed make the accomplishment of the 1M chassis even more impressive but only of the tires used on the 1M for its hot lap are somehow inferior to the PSC+. I though the consensus here on the form was that a PSC+ is way closer to a PS2 than it is to a true PSC. Thus, I'm questioning the 5 seconds for the PSC+.

I've also added a post on the main thread about the 1Ms time to see if anyone knows exactly which tires it was running.

It is (as you probably know) basically a complete E92 M3 suspension on the car.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |

Last edited by swamp2; 12-13-2010 at 03:00 PM..
Appreciate 0