12-16-2011, 10:30 AM   #30
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
My wife works in the recruiting industry and this is no joke, they have been for years, using social networks as a means to determine if someone should be hired. There are many examples of people not getting a job because of information that was found about the person on social networks.

The problem is your friends and Foes can destroy you on these networks.

As I have told my kids if someone pulls out a camera when you are doing things that you probably should not be doing, run, and run away fast.

What lots of people today do not realize, way back prior to the internet and digital cameras and the such, if you did something stupid, most like no one ever found out unless you told them, even if someone said you did something you had plausible deniability (your word against theirs) not true today with cameras and such.

I am not sure why people have this need to show how stupid they can be and let the whole world know.

One other thing about all this, thinking not having a presents on the internet is a good things, well think again, as the people who will be making decisions in the future grew up being fully exposed on the internet will interrupt your lack of presents as you have something to hid and this could go against you. I get it some times myself, people look at me weird when I tell them I do not have facebook account, they thing something is wrong with me.
The thing is most people's accounts are private, at least the smart ones'.
Appreciate 0