View Single Post
      06-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #27
1fastdoc
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
I have Pinnacle F1 Ceramic 35 all around and love it. Heat rejection is great (especially when combined with the Air Blue 80 on the windshield), it doesn't interfere with Comfort Access, and it doesn't have any coloration. It's just a smokey black/gray, very OEM and natural-looking, not purple/orange/green like Huper and others. No experience with 3M so I can't comment on that.

And FYI 35% is dark enough for great heat rejection and an aesthetic improvement without being so dark that the tint draws attention to itself and pulls focus from the rest of the car's styling; it blends in and just looks like it belongs there.
Thanks for the input guys. Pinnacle was the conclusion I came to in the past but none of the well known shops carry it around here. I have 20% on my Mustang and like it but I'll probably go 35 for the front windows on the M3 due to the slight tint it already has. I want it just dark enough for anonymity.

I have searched this and many, many other forums. There is plenty of info on Huper and various dyed tints but not so much on the ceramics. There is also a lot of mixed and conflicting info on ceramics and metallics regarding comfort access.
Appreciate 0