View Single Post
      01-11-2011, 10:53 AM   #1
Kurohouou
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Venting about East Coast Salting!

I don't know about other people who live on the East Coast but I can't wait for it to stop "salting". That's what I call it here when the county expects snow and they just lay down about 1/4" of salt on the streets in anticipation of snow which either doesn't come or is so minimal it was pointless to salt.

I don't know why the county feels they need to salt as much as they do. The roads are seriously white because of salt for 3 months out of the year. You just drive down the road for a couple miles and even if its dry out your car will be covered in a layer of salt, especially on the back of the car. You can see clouds of white dust from cars kicking the salt dust into the air. It can't be good for the roads or the environment, and especially not good for cars. I just wish there was something more I could do to prevent them from wasting tax payers money on this I'm not sure if anyone else feels the same as me but just wanted to vent some.

Tonight were supposed to get two inches of snow. Key word "supposed" to... more then likely it would just be a dusting.. But I guarantee the salt trucks will be out in full force ready to add to the mess!
Appreciate 0