View Single Post
      06-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #33
BINKYJEAN
Registered
Rep
Drives: M3

Question- what did you pay for Dinan upgrades?

Hope you don't mind what did you pay for each Dinan upgrade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMJ_77 View Post
Hey guys, guess it is time for me to share hey.

I got the 3.62 diff, the dinan exhaust and ECU done last friday at Calgary BMW (that place is straight class, can't give them enough credit, great service and sales staff!)

My initial impression as I drove away was wow! The power delivery was much smoother and it pulled very very hard across the board. There is much more torque available throughout the RPM's (keep in mind I have yet to take it over 6000 RPM since I have to break in my new diff). The car no longer feels "lazy" as I sometimes perceived. Mid-range is fantastic and that needle flies around the tach very quickly now, I have to keep my eye on it to make sure I am compliant with break in. Now I really can't give a full review of just the ECU tune because I know a ton of the torque is from the diff and I can't hit the new 8600 rpm redline for another 1000km but I am glad to report you still retain the rough idle at start up which I like! The car feels like a new beast, and drives effortlessly now. I am super impressed and happy with it

The exhaust sounds great, not too loud but definitely better than stock. There is really no drone and a minimal increase in cabin noise. The black looks awesome on my AW car and is a big reason I also made this decision. I am very pleased with this exhaust and would recommend it to anyone. Just a few more mods for me and I am done, thanks again guys!

Albert
Appreciate 0