Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [0.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [5.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjpinoy View Post
I'm here only promoting the fact that coding is a lot better than installing some 3rd party module into your car, where you have to go to some shop and leave your car there for x amount of hours or days to have it installed. In the mean time never knowing exactly how they install it and if they are not messing anything up on the inside of your car. Coding is a non invasive way to do most if not all types of things to your car without taking your car apart to put in a new module.

Some things I've already done to my own car without taking it to a shop. I'll try to get more video's to shop other stuff.

Folding mirrors and open/close windows with key remote.

Digital Velocity
Instantaneous MPG
Dynamic Efficiency Gear Shift Indicator
That sounds like coding vs your installer, rather than modules.

Programming (which is more suitable for profile changes) is best for profile changes. Coding/Retrofits are a bit more involved and usually require modifying the vehicle order (VO). Coding will require an understanding of the tools involved and your vehicle's module system, modules require an understanding of +12V electronics.

Modules will always have the upper hand with macro and/or timed commands since it's something that coding simply isn't capable of, for example:

- Alarm emulation (siren chirps/blinking mirror LED)
- one-touch operation of windows/sunroof (coding requires pressing the button through the entire cycle, while in range)
- raising/lowering convertible roof while vehicle is in motion
- ability to change options without the use of a computer/programming cable

The list goes on.

In the end, one method is not any more superior than the other - it's pointless to compare the two. The best solution for each case will depend on its specific purpose.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0