View Single Post
      12-13-2009, 01:08 AM   #47
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamm3k View Post
So I take it you drive your car on on the Ring' at least twice a week?

I've had to live with both, and live in Miami, and I don't regret picking the MT. Yes, DCT has an obvious advantage. Consistency, fast shifts, launch control, but in reality, we use these cars in the street, to commute, and have some fun while doing it. If I had to do it all over again, I'd pick MT yet again. I find it fun to row the tranny, rev match, and doing it all thru my skills, not paddle shifting.
I just moved from Germany. Spent 5 years there and was only 1.2 hours from the ring (at my usual 130+ mph autobahn cruising speed anyway). My Z4 M has been on the ring many times. I bought my M3 here. I also owned a TT 3.2 DSG (moderately modified to undo what Audi did to dumb down the steering/suspension) and it was far more fun on the ring than anything else I've driven there. I would have ordered DCT with my Z4 M if only BMW saw fit to have optioned it. Perhaps even SMG. Paddle shifting is way fun. But I have both so I get to play both ways...