View Single Post
      10-20-2008, 02:21 AM   #19
Irb Digital
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M E90 MANual Jerez

I put the CTS-V, C63, IS-F, and the M3 all in the same under $70k luxury sport sedan class. They are all great cars, and once optioned usually end up around $65k. All are very similar in performance, whether its around a track or on the drag strip. I was interested in the CTS-V before I decided on the M. I was a fan of the looks of the 1st gen CTS, and love the look of the new one. But I got tired of waiting for them to announce the price. Plus I knew I couldn't haggle much, as this car is brand new and since I wasn't on any waiting list, I wasn't in the mood for waiting a few months to find a car.

I was thinking the starting price would be much closer to $70k, so I applaud GM for making a car this potent at that starting price. Unlike the M, there isn't a stripper model, hence you can't option another $15k. Even though its closer in size to the M5, most people look in their wallet first, and then go shopping, not vice versa. M5 shoppers are looking at the E63, STS-V, S6/S8, etc...So the M3, C63, IS-F are its main competitors.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with my M purchase. I love the car, I got it NOW, I got a great deal on it, and I'm sure in 4-5 years, my M will be worth more than the V. Hands off to the dev team at GM, CTS-V owners will be extremely happy with their purchase, while us ///M guys will fear the next time we happen to get caught at a stoplight with a new CTS-V in the other lane.
Appreciate 0