01-29-2012, 02:41 PM   #32
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpowerdinny View Post
Pete, do you have the Innotech X-Pipe (Resonator, 2ndary Cat delete) or do you have the Front Pipe Bypass as well (Primary Cats delete)? I know that iPE says that their special design will not blow a CEL but that doesn't mean it will pass the readiness test. Get yourself at least the primaries back on (front section) and close the valve on your exhaust. Evolve-R only hides the CELs but can't interfere with what comes up during state inspection. You should be good with just primaries. Drive it 50 miles and cycle the ODB.
i have this guy:
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=582681

worst case if i cant figure out a way to pass it before the 30 day deadline that i have now then ill put on the stock xpipe just to pass the test

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellM3 View Post
He will not throw a CEL with the IPE system....

I'm running a stock tune and still passed the readiness test with my IPE and no catalyst whatsoever
im curious as to how this happens...is your system different than mine? i have the evolve tune and had been running it all along so i never had CEL but this week when all this state inspection stuff went down, i went back to stock tune and threw two codes: 275E and 275D as scanned using my BTtool

please get back to me on this one because if we have the same exact exhaust then something is wrong with mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Let me get this right...you have a catless exhaust and thought you'd pass emissions? I just assumed that no cats = no passing emissions?
yes but theres ways around it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
If you throw just one code (monitor) you'll be fine IF you have a shop that will pass you during the visual inspection. Even with a tune (CEL taken care of) you'll most likely have two codes stored... some tunes (ESS) show only one.

Most states will pass you with one code stored, but not with two.
the shop i went to said they dont mind about the sound but it said "not ready" when they plugged their machine in. I've been driving for about 80 miles now with a custom evolve tune and havent thrown a code yet so lets see if i throw any as i get into the 200-300 mile range. hopefully no codes so i can pass inspection but if not idk what im gonna do. probably just put on stock x pipe i guess
Appreciate 0