View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
canadian stig
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
I don't see how good a motor that overheats when driven spiritedly is any good.

The VQ37 may last longer under boost or other forced induction but under stock conditions, I'll take the motor that doesn't overheat when I want to drive fast.

Let's not forget the 370Z's insane road noise when you are driving. It sounds like you are sitting in an 80s Pathfinder with the interior removed. I have to yell to talk to the other person in the car when driving. The 350Z is much more civil.

ANY motor can overheat on a track.You don't think the S65 motor would also overheat and shut down if the M3 didn't come equipped with an oil cooler? The only mistake Nissan made was not fitting the 370z with an engine oil cooler, and that's a mistake that can be remedied easily with an aftermarket cooler for less than $500.

As for road noise, he's interested in a race car, not a boulevard cruiser. As for the whole part about having to yell for your passenger to hear you, give your head a shake and stop being so full of shit. Yes, there is a bit more road noise. Surprise surprise, it's a SPORTS CAR! Sports cars are supposed to be noisy. but it's hardly the interior of an f16 fighter jet. I had no problem whatsoever talking to my passengers without yelling or hearing the music of the sound system. 1980's Pathfiner my @$$. But hey, if you don't like noise, then perhaps you would prefer to drive one of these instead.
Appreciate 0