07-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #25
elp_jc
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by roycemek View Post
I took the coil cover off today and the height of the tool fits to remove even the 4 and 8 cylinder coil packs. I'll try to post some pics later or maybe if I get the tool to fit.
Great news buddy. And yes, please post some pics. If the only issue with the xxx239 tool is the width, it can easily be filed down. And do you think there's enough space to use the tool with the 'cap' for those rear coils? Guess it'll depend how soon they 'dislodge' so they can be pulled the rest of the way with our fingers. If they pop up right away, it might work without cutting off the 'cap'.

Hey, consider leaving the engine covers off; that's the way car should come from the factory. I did that, and the engine looks MUCH better IMO. And no more fumbling with the damn coolant reservoir to remove the passenger cover. I just removed the black stickers, and sanded down the blue paint on the few bolts on each side (couldn't get it off with anything else; some tough sh*t). Now I can easily clean that area, and there's one less step to get to the plugs. And water gets under the covers, so that's not an issue. Oh, and I also removed the ugly engine hangers . Here's a pic: