Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2011 M3  [3.37]
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneM3 View Post
I know that some of you think that I am crazy and cheaped out with my Hankook Ventus V12 Evo 110 tires but I couldn't be happier. I have had them on for about 2 weeks now and they do everything that I want them to do - excellent dry grip, good wet grip, slightly softer than the PS2's and I saved 40% from the PSS price. Much of my driving is in/around NYC in traffic and the local highways but I have had some fun in the suburbs and I still can't complain about them. I don't plan on using them on the track (that is what I have track tires for) so I wouldn't rule these out for normal street driving.
I don't think you cheaped out at all. I had the Hankooks before the PSS and they are a very good general purpose performance tire. They are no where near as good at or near the limit as the PSS but so what... if you are just using them for commuting and an occasional spirited run, they are great. I think the PSS are for those who want/need more performance from their tires and are willing to pay the premium.

The reason I went to the PSS was because I found the Hankooks to be disappointing when I pushed the car hard. They were not confidence inspiring. But, as a DD tire, they were great and comfortable. IMO, the Hankooks and the Continental Extreme Contact DW are exceptional value performance tires.
2011 E92 M3 | Jerez Black | Fox Red | DCT | Competition Package - Sold