06-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #20
Vise
Captain

Drives: C63 AMG Sedan

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris s View Post
I kind of agree with the above two posts... Unless ordering EXACTLY as you want it from the factory is critical to you...why not wait a bit and find a 2011 or even a 12 and allow someone else to take the depreciation hit. That's a double whammy for you...trading in AND buying new. Just my .02....

I was considering the same, but ultimately decided to wait it out.
These are all good points that I've thought about (hence my post) however at the end of the day I'm realizing I really don't care about the depreciation hit and all that other boring stuff. As mentioned financially its not a big deal and really will only increase my monthly payment by a small amount, couple hundred at most. This is clearly not a financially based decision otherwise the points on depreciation etc would hold more weight... at this point in my life I tend to view things similar to rockrboy's post above, you only live once and when you work this hard why not enjoy yourself along the way assuming you can afford to?

You hit on a good point as well, ordering the car exactly as I want it from the factory is very important to me as is the piece of mind of having the latest/greatest model with newest options and full warranty for the next 4 years. As well the E90 sells in far lower numbers than the E92 so finding a used 2011 next year in my exact colours/options in perfect shape is likely next to impossible. And as mentioned the E90 M3 goes out of production in October so it is either now or never if I want to get a new (not used) one.

We'll see what happens I guess...
Vise is offline   Canada